Wednesday, 28 September 2016

GURUDWARAS OF DELHI

                       

                        FAMOUS GURUDWARAS OF DELHI



Sikh Gurudwaras

bangla sahib
BANGLA SAHIB
Gurdwara Bangla Sahib was initially a lodge having a place with Raja Jai Singh, an Indian ruler in the seventeenth century, and was known as Jai singh pura Palace, in Jai singh Pura, a noteworthy neighborhood pulverized to clear a path for the Connaught Place, shopping district.[3] 

The eighth Sikh Guru, Guru Har Krishan ji lived here amid his stay in Delhi at gurudwara in 1664. Amid that time, there was a smallpox and cholera plague, and Guru Har Krishan ji helped the agony by giving guide and new water from the well at this house. Before long he excessively gotten the disease and in the long run passed on March 30, 1664. A little tank was later built by Raja Jai Singh over the well, the water of this gurudwara is presently respected as having recuperating properties and is taken by Sikhs all through the world back to their homes. 

The Gurdwara and its Sarovar are currently a position of incredible love for Sikhs, and a place for unique assemblage on birth commemoration of Guru Har Krishan ji.


sisganj sahib
SISGANJ SAHIB
Gurdwara Sis Ganj Sahib was developed in the year 1675 AD. This gurudwara is connected with the ninth Guru, Guru Tegh Bahadur, who was decapitated by the Mughals under the requests of the Emperor Aurangzeb. Aurangzeb had unleashed a rule of fear and requested that all Hindus ought to be mightily changed over to Islam. On the demand of the pandits, Guru Sahib took up their cause and instructed them to tell the sovereign that on the off chance that he could persuade the master to grasp Islam, they would all do as such. The Guruji was decapitated by a killer called Jalal-ud-noise Jallad, who had a place with the town of Samana in Haryana. The spot of the execution was under a banyan tree. It is said that when Guruji kicked the bucket, nobody had the valor to get his body. All of a sudden it down-poured and his supporters took his body and head and fled. The head was taken to Chakk Nanaki in Anandpur Sahib, while the body was assumed to the position where the Gurdwara Rakab Ganj Sahib now stands. The storage compartment of the banyan tree, close which the Guruji was martyred, and the well where he cleaned up while in detainment, is all viewed as holy by the Sikhs.


rakabganj sahib
RAKABGANJ SAHIB
The development of this Gurudwara started in the year 1732 and was finished over a time of just about 12 years. Raised by Bhai Lakhi Shah Vanjara, one of the passionate devotees of Guru Tegh Bahadur, this worshipped place of worship holds extraordinary otherworldly importance. As indicated by the legend, Bhai Lakhi stealthily reclaimed the headless body of the Guru and took it back home. There, he incinerated the body of his Guru by setting his home ablaze to maintain a strategic distance from suspicion of the Mughals. This episode happened on 11 November 1675 in Chandni Chowk Gurudwara. Delhi, which was a piece of Shahjahanbad then. Bhai Lakhi moved up the fiery remains and covered it on similar ground where he incinerated the Guru. Rakab Ganj Sahib was built on this ground to celebrate this pitiful occurrence. Back then, this place housed a market of stirrups (rakab) and along these lines, it was named as Gurdwara Rakab Ganj Sahib.


nanakpiao sahib
NANAKPIAO SAHIB
Gurudwara Nanak Piao is a notable Gurdwara situated in north Delhi in India. This Gurdwara sahib is committed to the principal Sikh Guru, Sri Guru Nanak Dev. Gurdwara Nanak Piao was worked at the site, in the garden where Guru Nanak Dev stayed outdoors when he went to Delhi in 1505 amid the rule of Sultan Sikander Shah Lodhi. It gurudwara is arranged on Rana Pratap Road (otherwise called Grand Trunk Road or GT Road). It is said that individuals rushed to the respected prophet and offered him and Bhai Mardana valuable blessings and offerings. Master Nanak used to appropriate every one of these offerings to poor people and destitute. Other than this, he used to offer nourishment and water to the ravenous and parched, subsequently the name of the gurudwara of worship. "Piao" intend to "offer fluid to drink" and alludes to the offering of water to all the parched who went by this holy place.


motibagh sahib
MOTIBAGH SAHIB
Gurudwara Moti Bagh Sahib (cordinates (28.585833°N 77.171396°E)) is arranged on the Ring Road (Mahatma Gandhi Marg) in Delhi city between Dhaula Kuan and RK Puram (Shanti Path) south of the crossing point with National Highway 8. When Guru Gobind Singh ji stayed outdoors at this site with his armed force. Prior it was known as Mochi Bagh and later the name was changed to gurudwara Moti Bagh. An old story relates that the Guru, a refined bowman, shot two bolts from a province of shoemakers in Moti Bagh which hit the "Divan" (position of royalty or bed) of Prince Muazzam (later Bahadur Shah). 

The Guru's first bolt declared his entry in Delhi and the second bolt conveyed a chit saying, "It is not enchantment but rather aptitude of toxophilism". Bahadur Shah was said to sit in the Red fortification at the time. Seeing the bolt strike, Bahadur Shah took this as a wonder. The story proceeds with that a second bolt arrived in the Divan's left foot with a note (chit) bringing up that the Emperor wasn't right in naming the sudden appearance of a bolt in his bunk as a supernatural occurrence, as the note expressed this was not a marvel but rather a show of the Guru's ability in bows and arrows. The Emperor was said to be so awed with this that he instantly recognized Guru Sahib's amazingness.


damdama sahib
DAMDAMA SAHIB
This gurudwara is connected with the Tenth Guru, Shri Guru Gobind Singh ji. It celebrates his meeting in 1707 with Prince Muazzam, later Emperor Bahadur Shah. He had been asked for by the Prince for help in his fight for progression for the position of authority with his sibling, after the demise of Aurangzeb. Master Sahib met the Prince at this gurudwara and together, they drew up their system. They watched elephant and bull battles composed for their excitement.

A few notes, it is valid, are to be found in verifiable records relating to the visit of Guru Gobind Singh to Delhi at the demand of Prince who had then effectively proclaimed himself as Emperor of India. In spite of the fact that every such reference are excessively concise, making it impossible to pass on any sufficient thought of the relations subsisting between the Guru and the Mughal Prince, there is no absence of material for recreating the foundation history relating to the critical occasions which occurred in the area of Humayun's Tomb in those days of anxiety.


majnu ka tila
MAJNU KA TILA
Gurudwara Majnu-ka-Tilla is arranged on the right bank of stream Yamuna, inverse Timarpur Colony past the Khyber Pass area of Delhi, India. The birthday of the Khalsa is praised here with much party on Baisakhi day. On this day, which holds an uncommon place in the hearts of all Sikhs, the city swells with pioneers from the encompassing ranges. With numerous individuals of various statements of faith, standings, and status join the Sikhs of Delhi gurudwara. Amid the merriments a unique langar (a free kitchen or dinner) of tremendous size is orchestrated.

























1 comment: